Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sun it rises/Starved Rock photos (part 1)

So randomly Sunday night I was invited to go to Starved Rock for hiking and catching the sunrise. At 415am in the morning, to which my morning started at 350am. It was fun and I look forward to doing another day of hiking out there that early, but not necessarily next weekend! It was an absolutely gorgeous day for hiking, so enjoy my view from the camera lens!

Well we got the time wrong as to when the sun would be rising, so we pulled off to the side of the road and took our photos there...






Hitting the trail




Due to a lot of rain as of late, the lower parking lot was flooded...








This was awesome; pelicans fly through IL every once in a while, I think they head back to TX or FL, but I haven't seen any in my area...until now!










I just like the texture


There were a lot of mini waterfalls and such, but in this case I didn't want to focus on one of the mini waterfalls










I don't like it when people etch their name into nature, it's kind of ridiculous. Yet these etchings seem like runes to me.






I like the bokeh in the background AND the beads of water illuminated by the sun




Is that another waterfall? Maybe

but more photos of said waterfall will have to be in the next batch!

To be continued!

If you like these, rec them please!

[n][v]

No comments: